UK Tobacco LTD Scarborough is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
UK Tobacco LTD Scarborough may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
(Last updated: 24th May 2018)
What information we collect
When you register for our services
- Account login details such as your username (email) and chosen password.
- Other information relevant to customer consents and offer preferences.
When you shop with us online, over the phone or in a retail store
- Information about yourself, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name, data of birth and contact information.
- Payment transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us.
- Information about your purchases (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it)
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
- Data about product browsing popularity on our Website.
What we do with the information we gather
Depending on how you use UK Tobacco services, your interactions with is, and the permissions you give, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
To fulfil your order.
- For internal record keeping.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To respond to queries you make with us or about existing orders.
- To show the most relevant products to you based on your preferences.
- To improve and maintain UK Tobacco online and monitor usage.
- To send you marketing messages, where you have given your consent to do so.
- To prevent fraud.
- To verify you are over 18 when buying tobacco products.
- To execute transaction payments for orders.
- To refund transaction payments.
- To send you promotional marketing emails.
We rely on the following legal basis to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent for marketing communications.
- Because it is in UK Tobacco’s legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and improve our services.
- We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- Government Authorities: If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data; If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- To an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
- To any other successors in title to our business.
How we protect personal data
- We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
- We will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Marketing and market research
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by logging into your account, writing to us or emailing us at [email protected].
* We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
* You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to UK Tobacco, PO Box 544 Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 9HY
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.